The Iowa Society of Radiologic Technologists Board of Directors is committed to working with hosting sites to provide educational events across the state. The ISRT will sponsor non-business continued learning events for individuals who wish to host a learning event in their hometown.
This sponsorship requires a minimum 8-week notification to the ISRT. The Members at Large from the Board of Directors will be assigned to help with ASRT approval application paperwork, approved finances, and online registration. Also a member from the ISRT Board of Directors will be on-site to help with clipboards. Certificates of Attendance will be emailed to verified attendees.
Two scenarios could be used for the hosting sites that choose to plan continuing education events.
- Hosting sites could plan an educational event; submit program, and budget to ISRT Member at Large chairperson to be approved by ISRT committee.
- If approved, ISRT will submit for ASRT approval. Information required for submitting to ASRT to be sent to ISRT Member at Large chairperson.
- ISRT will do brochures and promotions.
- ISRT will be responsible for registration, sign in sheets and CE documentation.
- ISRT will provide board member(s) to be present at the meeting.
- ISRT will cover expenses of the educational event.
- All proceeds will go to the ISRT.
- Hosting sites could plan an educational event.
- Hosting sites would be responsible to submit all required documentation directly to ASRT and pay the fee for CE approval.
- Hosting sites would be responsible to manage all aspects of the educational event, including brochure, registration, sign in sheets, certificates, etc., etc.
- Hosting sites would be responsible for retaining continuing education records.
- Hosting sites would be financially responsible for the educational event and reporting to IRS.
- ISRT would have no fiscal /legal responsibility for any aspect of the educational event.
- Hosting site shall not use any ISRT logos, licensing, or representation, etc., etc.
Read the full policy, dated June 4, 2017.